Brother C.L. Scott
God, Creator of all
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
- Storge – Affection (Parental, family love)
- Philla – Mental (Loyalty, equality – give and take, friends, activity, community, etc)
- Eros – Physical
Agape – Spiritual
- God’s love can keep you, but cannot satisfy you physically.
5 Attributes of God’s love
No fear in love
1 John 4:18
- There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
We are Conquerors
- Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
NOTHING can separate us from the Love of God
- For I am persuaded , that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present , nor things to come ,
- Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Love is faithful
- It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
- They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
- Ask , and it shall be given you; seek , and ye shall find ; knock , and it shall be opened unto you:
- For every one that asketh receiveth ; and he that seeketh findeth ; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened .
- Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
- Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
- If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
The Key to Unlimited Supply
We must keep His commandments
- If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
- If ye love me, keep my commandments.
- Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law?
- Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
- This is the first and great commandment.
- And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
- On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Characteristics of Loving your neighbor as yourself
Do you cut yourself slack?
- Are you AS quick to give forgiveness as you are to receive it?
Do you always air your own dirty laundry to others? (Gossip)
- Are you as critical, masking it as “the truth”
Do you believe the best about yourself?
Even though you don’t always do what you say you’re going to do
- Eat right
- Pay tithes
- Pay bills
- Stop this or stop that
- When others SAY they are going to do something, do you trust it?